On every platform, communication is crucial, which is why chat tools are so prevalent today. When it comes to communication, whether it be friend chat or in-game chat, Xbox is not an exception. You may occasionally need to delete messages for whatever reason. An overloaded inbox full of spam or accumulated old messages might be the culprit.
To prevent this, you can always delete your messages and keep your inbox as full as you’d want, but once you do that, there’s no going back; they’re gone for good.
How to delete messages on Xbox App?
You may easily delete the message on your Xbox since it is fairly simple to do so.
- Open the message on Xbox that you wish to remove.
- Press the controller’s Menu button.
- Select “delete” and confirm it.
The Xbox App serves as a bridge between your Xbox and these devices and therefore is available for PC, Android, and iOS. We will first look at how to erase messages from the Xbox App on a PC.
- Open your Xbox app in your PC
- From the left panel select “Community” Tab
- Now out of two sub categories select Chat
- Browse through the conversations and find the massage you want to delete
- To delete a message, right-click on the message and click on the delete option
- Confirmation for deletion will popup, press delete
For android and iOS devices the procedure to delete your chat is fairly simply
- Launch the Xbox app on your phone.
- Select “Chat” from the social menu on the app.
- Locate and hold the messages you wish to remove.
- Press the Delete button to eliminate the messages.
Note that you may also choose to remove the entire conversation by right-clicking or holding it down and choosing the delete option.
What does the Xbox App Do?
Xbox App operates as a companion application for Xbox gaming consoles, giving users access to Xbox network community features and second screen capability with certain games, applications & content.
It is an application that syncs your Xbox activities, friends, clubs, and accomplishments with your windows computer or mobile device. It primarily gives your Xbox device a remote control, making it simpler for you to control it whenever and wherever you are.
Can you delete a message you sent on Xbox?
You may also remove messages that you’ve sent using the Xbox app’s remote features. You must connect your Xbox and computer in order to access your Xbox messages on your PC. By visiting the Xbox website and logging in, you may accomplish this. Your message will be permanently deleted from Xbox’s cloud storage after doing this. In order to delete the messages, follow these steps
- Select “Games” from the “My Games & Apps” menu on your Xbox.
- Choose “Manage Games and Apps” once you are in the Games section
- Choose “Xbox Messages” from the “Games” menu.
- Choose “Delete” from the menu on the right side of the screen.
Is there a way to delete all Xbox messages at once?
There is no way to remove texts in bulk. If they’ve been there for more than 30 days, they usually get removed automatically, but if you want to get rid of them, you’ll have to go through and do it one by one.
- Select the message you want to erase, then press your controller’s “Y” button.
- Select the conversation and hit the “Menu” button on your controller to erase every message from it.
Why can’t I delete messages on Xbox?
The Xbox cloud messages may then need to be deleted by visiting the Xbox websites. You can still access your messages even if you switch consoles. This is due to the fact that Xbox messages are not saved on your Xbox system, but rather on Microsoft’s servers.
How do you delete messages from team chat?
These procedures may be used to erase messages from a team chat.
- Locate the chat you wish to remove from the Chat tab.
- Tap the chat and hold it.
- Press the Delete button, then tap OK to confirm that you really do want to delete it.
- You’ll then quit the discussion or meeting.
Keep in mind that the chat will be removed from your chat list. The other group members or meeting attendees will still be allowed to see the conversation during meetings. The other participants will see that you have left the meeting or chat room, but they won’t know that you have also deleted it.
In case of a one-on-one chat, the conversation will be deleted from your chat list. The other person will still be able to access the conversation, though
Conversations that you delete are also erased from all of your devices and cannot be recovered or searched